Do you love sesame sauce as much as I do? Add some noodles, chicken, and vegetables and toss them in this fabulous sauce. Then you have heavenly Sesame Chicken Noodles. This recipe is incredibly versatile, and you can adapt it very quickly to your liking.
Sesame sauce to die for
In this recipe, we will use plant-based chicken, but you’re, of course, also free to use traditional meat. Just make sure it is sliced in small chunks. I used the plant-based chicken with herb & lemon marinade from Planted Foods because it is one of my favorites. You can also use any other brand.
Best noodles for this recipe
Let´s get started
Vegan Sesame Chicken Noodles
- 6 tbsp sesame paste or tahini
- 60 ml warm water
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 ½ tbsp sesame oil
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 ½ tsp sriracha
- 1 ½ tsp brown sugar
- 1 red onion
- 1 pointed pepper
- 2 tsp fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 250 g noodles e.g., brown rice noodles
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
- 400 g plant-based chicken cut in small chunks
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put all the ingredients for the sauce in the blender and blend them until smooth.
- Julienne the onion. Cut the pepper into slices.
- Mince the ginger.
- Cook the noodles according to package instructions.
- Toast sesame seeds over medium heat in a wok or skillet until fragrant and until the (white) sesame seeds are golden brown.
- In the same pan, heat half of the sesame oil over medium heat and sauté the ginger, onions, and pepper for 5min.
- Add the other half of the sesame oil and the chicken to the pan. Fry the chicken until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the noodles to the pan and mix well.
- Finally, pour the sesame sauce into the wok and combine well.
- Turn off the heat and serve your meal with a wedge of lime.
- Feel free to change the vegetables and noodles to your liking.
- If you want your noodles a bit spicier, add more sriracha to the sauce.